Maida Vale Primary School was first opened on 12 February 1912 on a site some 1.5kms north west of the present day location. The building was a single weatherboard and iron classroom and the sixteen pupils were in the charge of the school’s first teacher, Miss Ida Lee. This first bush land setting was rather secluded and was not even serviced by a road.
In 1925 the building was relocated to the present site and since that time, the school has maintained a steady growth, commensurate with the housing development in the area.
The present day facility still enjoys considerable bush environment together with well-developed wooded lawn areas and the immediate proximity of the Maida Vale Oval Reserve, allows the use of extensive sporting facilities. Children are drawn from a varied catchment area and come to school either by private transport, bicycle or on foot. The school has considerable stability in staffing and, as with most government schools in similar locations, staff comprise in the main, of hills or nearby residents.